Reports to: Controller
Job Purpose: Responsible for a variety of core accounting activities such as preparing journal entries, verifying records, reconciling accounts and resolving errors. Become a part of the team that keeps our financial operations accurate, compliant, and running like clockwork.
· Preparing financial reports and account reconciliations.
· Checking reports and fixing errors.
· Running models and updating databases.
· Assisting with monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities.
· Reviewing the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications.
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
· A Bachelor’s degree (preferred degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics) and one or more years of experience.
· Experience using Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
· Experience using Great Plains, PeopleSoft, or SAP.
· Knowledge of FASB requirements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· CPA certification (or are in the process of getting certified) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Orchid Medical is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment, free of discrimination or harassment. All employment decisions at Orchid Medical are based solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
Established in 2002 as a durable medical equipment (DME) and medical supplies provider, Orchid was founded on the principle of delivering reliable services and quality care to the insurance industry. Today, Orchid has evolved into a leading, national provider of integrated ancillary and surgical cost containment solutions specifically for the workers’ compensation industry. Headquartered in Orlando, Orchid Medical offers a broad range of services including Surgical Cost Containment Program® (SCCP), DME & supplies, home health and complex care, modifications, diagnostic imaging, physical medicine, transportation and language, retrospective DME, long term care and urine drug testing.