Asset Control Manager
Come grow with us!
Polymer Logistics is a leading provider of One-Touch/Retail Ready Packaging solutions to retailers worldwide, with customers including some of the largest food retailers in North America. We are excited to be opening a new office in Tampa, and seeking highly motivated, energetic and adaptable staff to grow with us. We offer competitive pay and benefits, an open, transparent leadership team, and an exciting opportunity to help build a fantastic culture.
The purpose of this position:
The Asset Control Manager is key to managing and reconciling our pool of RPCs (Reusable Plastic Containers) and ensuring we have tight control over the assets throughout the supply and recovery cycle. This role is responsible for the consolidation of and oversight of customer reporting data into our tracking system and the compilation of data for reconciliation. In addition, this individual tracks customer dispatch data trends, reviews inventory counts, manages customer profiles, and determines how to manage irregular activity. The Asset Control Manager oversees the management of several databases and spreadsheets detailing the various elements and aspects of inventory, and also manages the performance and development of two asset control coordinators. In addition, this position oversees the auditors’ schedules and is responsible for detailing their routes. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Operations Development and Transformation and supervises 2 Asset Control Coordinator(s), 3-4 auditors and 1 Data Entry Clerk(s).
· Coordinate asset management efforts by planning, controlling and tracking the asset pool in order to improve utilization and forecast demands.
· Oversee and direct the daily processes and maintenance of inventory systems/audits and cycle counts, inventory control practices, etc.
· Identify and reconcile inventory adjustments; identify sources of reconciliation variances and work with appropriate parties to correct.
· Schedule field auditors based on data analysis to achieve better control of assets (RPC’s) and train customers on reporting and our inventory system.
· Ensure reliable customer reporting into the system, enhancing reporting systems and processes.
· Track data in order to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and propose changes in processes to increase efficiency.
· Perform stock adjustments & verify customer return for credit when asked.
· Recommend and perform inventory adjustments under the supervision of the Asset Director[GK1] .
· Research sources of RPCs shipped to unauthorized locations and coordinate the return of RPCs
· Provide supervisory support for the Asset Control Coordinator(s) and data entry clerk(s). Manage staff performance, establish and manage to key
· Complete all responsibilities to the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
· Perform various other duties and activities as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Adept at analysis, and demonstrated familiarity and comfort with data flows and reporting.
· Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in an inventory control/management function, or else a function with directly transferable skills.
· 2 years of professional management experience is required, utilizing a coaching style of management.
· Expert level proficiency with Excel, including Vlookup and pivot tables. At least intermediate experience with one other database program.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
· Advanced organization and time management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High technical proficiency, with strong computer knowledge incl. MS office suite.
· The ability to work collaboratively with others.
· Ability to meet deadlines, ability to set as well as meet performance expectations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Strong reasoning and critical thinking skills.
· Time Management
· Communication Proficiency
· Teamwork Orientation
· Management Skills
· Customer/Client Focus
· Technical proficiency
Annual salary for this role is in the 58k to 65k range, commensurate with experience, and an additional bonus target of 10%. Polymer Logistics offers a competitive benefits package.
Is Polymer Logistics for you?
· We have a small office of approximately 25 or so people, so collaboration and teamwork are “must have” attributes.
· We are a growing company in a growing industry, the only way to go is up!
· Since our team is small, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution.
· Who knew One-Touch/Retail Ready Packaging could be awesome? We love our industry, are excited by its growth potential, and are seeking enthusiastic, learning-oriented people who feel the same.
· The new Tampa office is located near the intersection of W Waters and N Manhattan Avenues.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings to our team. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
[GK1]Should this be my title here?
Polymer Logistics is a leading provider of One-Touch/Retail Ready Packaging solutions to retailers worldwide, with customers including some of the largest food retailers in North America. We are experiencing rapid growth, and seeking highly motivated, energetic and adaptable staff to grow with us. We offer competitive pay and benefits, an open, transparent leadership team, and an exciting opportunity to help build a fantastic culture.