Christian Care Ministry’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents, and resources with others as described in Acts 2:42-47. We do this primarily through Medi-Share, but as an association of churches, we’re rapidly expanding our “ministry portfolio.”
Christian Care Ministry is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
We have over 600 employees, located at our headquarters in Melbourne, FL, or our Colorado Springs, CO branch, or remotely in approved states. Medi-Share has been growing rapidly, and we’re humbled by the Lord’s blessing.
Over two decades, we’ve built up a portfolio of people, processes, and technology, sometimes conflicting, and distributed across our locations. We know that to be ready for all God wants us to do, we need strong control over our data and analytics and business intelligence that derive from that data. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Director of Data and Analytics to bring the world’s best techniques to compel decision-making by efficiently storing data and using it to provide timely, accurate, and helpful information.
There are two halves to this role. First, you will expertly guide our database engineering team in managing all our data systems. Second, you will lead our business intelligence and analytics team in incorporating information in every decision made in every area of the business. Altogether, you will do this in strong partnership with a software engineering team that builds the systems that run the ministry. This is one of the ministry’s highly visible roles, both critical and challenging: through your success, you will help drive ministry growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will lead two separate but closely-related teams: database engineering and business intelligence and analytics.
- You will work closely with the software engineering team and all information security officers.
- You will lead the teams that design and build our future data architecture and then use that to drive decision-making.
- You will build a strong organization: people, processes, and supporting tools.
- You will develop an implementation roadmap to realize your vision, champion that throughout the ministry, and deliver consistent progress against that roadmap.
- You will understand the Medi-Share business model in all its aspects and fully comprehend all the data required by a broad range of business operations. Then, you will synthesize that data and provide information to all operations.
- You will elicit the data needs of software systems in development and the reporting demand on those systems; you will then deliver these needs.
- You will prioritize reporting needs given a resource budget and evolving business demands – managing adaptively while maintaining strategic coherence.
- You will communicate plans and progress with senior management regularly, recommending adjustments when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science or engineering, with a Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience solving customer problems with technical solutions.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a directly related area during which both professional and management capability have been clearly demonstrated.
- Extensive expertise and/or demonstrated experience with business intelligence tools, designing, reporting, and delivering analytical solutions; data management and warehousing, and the strategic use of information. Experience and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes.
- Experience at large scale, multi-terabyte level, with evidence of past successes.
- Expertise in leading teams that have built large and complex software systems.
- Experience working in Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (SSRS and SSIS) a plus. Facility with a broad range of BI tools is also a plus.
- Expertise in understanding business needs (including drawing out those unstated), and then meeting them with technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with customers and engineers; equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
- Experience in a business environment where complex data acquisition and integration were successfully woven into operational excellence.
- Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Ability to manage complexity well and demonstrated experience managing across functions and businesses to accomplish large scale goals.
- Ability to synthesize diverse requirements and communicate them to different audiences (both technical and non-technical).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Concise, impactful, credible, and authentic writing and communication style.
- Equally comfortable with individual contributors and executives.
- Relentlessly high standards and self-discipline.
- Ability to inspire passion in others.
- Bias toward delivering accomplishments, not just activity.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) plan and great benefits
- An on-site gym and cafeteria
- Many employee development opportunities.
- CCM values our employees. All individuals are given the opportunity to excel in their strengths, advance their skill set, and have direct input into the decisions that ultimately drive the ministry’s success.
- Melbourne, FL aka the beach!