Our Community Engagement Coordinator will need to be a responsible, trustworthy, dependable, addition to our organization and able to work in a fast paced environment while remaining focused. Qualifications of this position include professional interpersonal skills, ability to supervise volunteers, the ability to work under pressure with grace, make quick prudent decisions while ministering to the needs of all involved. Working in an environment where clients are in crisis and vulnerable, we are responsible to show the love of God through kind, compassionate, treatment, always protecting the dignity of those involved. Our three core values are purpose, community, and gratitude and, as such, the Community Engagement Coordinator is to display these values daily with staff, volunteers, guests, and the public in general.
· Be responsible to uphold the standards recorded in the Employee Handbook.
· Submit to fingerprinting and background checks as required.
· Coordinator will be accountable to the Executive Director or to any person that he designates.
· Coordinator will be solely in charge of coordinating and carrying out our major yearly fundraisers: the Family Salsa Festival (March), and the Harvest Blessings Banquet (November). S/he will be responsible for all logistical aspects of these events. Coordinator will work with staff and volunteers to ensure that the planned events are as successful as possible.
· Coordinator may also create and coordinate smaller fundraising events, for example Mystery Dinners, Fish Fry, Ladies Tea, etc. as time permits or opportunities arise.
· Coordinator will oversee the establishment of a monthly event/marketing strategy for the Good Samaritan Mission and will maintain the planning documents, timelines and databases necessary for event planning and management.
· Coordinator will seek out and attend meetings and events on behalf of the Good Samaritan Mission at local Chambers of Commerce and other civic, service, business and networking groups.
· During the time Coordinator is in the office Coordinator will answer phones, assist guests and volunteers, and in general, function as any other member of office staff to the best of his/her ability.
· Coordinator will use his/her connections to make connections for the Good Samaritan Mission. This includes bringing new people to the Good Samaritan Mission for visits and requesting sponsorships for above mentioned events.
· Coordinator will produce regular communications with media (including social media) to highlight programs at the Good Samaritan Mission.
· Coordinator will actively seek new sources of funding and donations for the operational expenses of GSM.
· Coordinator will perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
· Coordinator will have a willingness to train volunteers in different areas of your job with the intention of them covering for you when you are unavailable.
The Good Samaritan Mission is a charitable, not for profit, 501(c)(3) non-denominational Christian ministry. The Mission is dedicated to a holistic approach to enhancing the spiritual, emotional and physical quality of life of farm workers and others living in poverty. For over thirty years, the Good Samaritan Mission has been involved in advocating for those living in poverty through knowledge, inspiring the community to find physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. Many lives have been touched by the hands of those that have been willing to share with those in need. Our Seeds of Change program intends on leading individuals and families out of dependent lifestyles of subsistence and into strong, self-reliant habits and practices. In an effort to improve the lives of our clientele, we have purposed to provide quality adult education. Through knowledge, we will inspire the community to find healing – physically, emotionally and spiritually – to transform the world for Christ. By doing so, we hope to enlarge the possibilities and the opportunities of those we serve, all in an effort to instill in them a sense of purpose, community, and gratitude.
Location/Region: Wimauma, FL (US)