This entry-level position will provide agency education and instruction on the web-based tools of Johnson & Johnson and USLI to already appointed independent insurance agents. This person will also provide additional product information for a specific list of USLI products and develop sales strategies targeted at those products. The geographic territory will be Florida and this position will require extensive travel throughout this territory and will be responsible for conducting a minimum of 20 agency visits per week. **This position is based out of either our St. Petersburg, FL or Melbourne, FL office.**
- Develop list of targeted USLI products and present these products on each agency visit to promote the use of the products by the Agency on a regular basis.
- Conduct Web Training to Agents & CSR for: USLI Products; Other J&J Products; Raters; JJPF; Accounting tools; and any other tools created for the agency to utilize to produce business on the web.
- Help CSRs and Agents with questions regarding doing business with J&J by ensuring the right person in the office is in contact with the Agency Representative with a question.
- Develop weekly Travel Plan to effectively execute 20 agency visits per week
- Interact with the Territory Managers, Marketing Representatives and Production Supervisors/Managers to identify and follow up on individual sales opportunities.
- Update a weekly “Dashboard Report” with pertinent sales data to track results of agency visits and various sales activities; present report at a weekly or bi-weekly meeting.
- Utilize USLI sales training tools to create a friend in the agency, organize and execute effective sales calls and effectively train Agency Representatives on the Web based tools on the J&J website.
- Provide feedback and ideas for the development and revisions of a Web Products Sales Sheet.
- Must maintain all education requirements to perform in this position as set forth by management
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license and be eligible for company auto insurance.
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or related field and 1 year or less insurance experience preferred
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of the Property-Casualty Industry
- Knowledge of J&J Property & Casualty products - ability to differentiate J&J products/services from competitors
- Knowledge of USLI Property & Casualty products - ability to differentiate USLI products/services from competitors
- Interest in selling products and services based on customer needs
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity to analyze information and general math skills
- General knowledge of all applicable rating systems
- Research skills
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Coordination and organization of weekly Agency Visit Schedule and any follow-up items resulting from each agency visit
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, make quick decisions and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Computer experience: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to be a team player and work productively with your teammates at J&J and USLI
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly and effectively present (both written and verbal) to external business partners, management and internal business partners
- Exhibits a professional appearance when representing the organization during agency visits or business meetings
- Strong negotiation skills
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, occasional stooping, and reaching; May require lifting up to 25 pounds; requires normal range of vision and hearing with or without accommodations.
It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The company complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic.
Please apply through our careers page at www.jjins.com/hr.
Location/Region: Saint Petersburg, FL (US)