This opportunity is on our North America Lending team division, working with loan origination software. We are seeking a candidate with strong experience working with AS400, loan origination and JAVA skills. The ideal candidate will design, code, test, implement, maintain and support applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.General Duties & Responsibilities
- AS400, loan origination, and JAVA experience.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of multiple applications development methodologies
- Knowledge of the processes, phases, and roles relevant to common development methodologies
- Knowledge of data networks and web security
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Knowledge of internet development and debugging tools
- Knowledge of web services, technology and tools
- Knowledge of data modeling
- Knowledge of graphic and functional design
- Knowledge of differences between how an application works on a local machine versus a server
- Knowledge of differences among various types of browsers and browser versions
- Proficiency in at least one applications development methodology
- Knowledge of project management
- Proficiency in developing code for the client or the server
- Proficiency in at least one client-side scripting language
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of critical thinking, making sound and timely decisions under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proficiency to identify and correct basic coding errors
- Proficiency to implement a design using the project-specific tools
- Proficiency to manage and coordinate test activities for assigned application
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Works to plan, develop, and deploy E-commerce websites including designing web architecture, code writing, and ensuring site functionality in a twenty-four hour, seven days a week environment. May lead large development projects requiring in-depth knowledge of complex web-based programming languages. Responsible for maintaining technical documentation necessary to deliver E-commerce purchasing options to customers. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years demonstrated web development experience.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL