Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Programmer Analyst Sr Orlando, FL
At FIS, we offer more than just jobs and benefits - we do work that matters in every corner of the globe, and we offer careers without boundaries. Our team members have different passions, experiences and expertise. Bringing all of it together has landed us at the top of the fintech industry. Who are we?
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine. Jacksonville and Orlando offices named "Best Places to Work" two years running. What is the position?
FIS is looking for a Senior level IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) programmer analyst to join our Orlando (Maitland) development team. This position will develop projects/enhancements for a strategic banking product for the number one financial technology company in the world. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior level RPG programmer analyst, who likes to contribute new ideas and is willing to put in the work to build their career.
This individual will work with our most technical resources on the Software Systems team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking initiative and develop using the full system life cycle - designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software. This position works closely with business analysts and other team members to understand the necessary requirements that drive real customer value.
The ideal candidate:
- Is looking to join our team and build a long-term career with FIS.
- Develops projects delivered on time and within budget.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
General duties and responsibilities:
What we expect from you?
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
- Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals
What can you expect from us?
- You love to code. And you really love to code RPG, CL, SQL on the IBM Power System!
- On every system you work on, you try to understand the architecture as a whole, and you're always striving to improve it.
- You understand the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). You learn quickly. Review functional requirements in meetings with stakeholders and convert them into clear technical specifications and/or designs.
- You know how to plan your time wisely, work efficiently and hold yourself to a high-quality standard, striving to turn over bug-free code.
- You take good notes and you are willing to ask for help when needed…. This is important!
- We offer continued education on the IBM i for evolving techniques in RPG, CL and SQL on the IBM i.
- As part of our development team, you will work with experienced banking professionals to design, unit test and deploy software.
- Design and create new RPG code and maintain existing code.
- If you enjoy learning from a variety of team members, developing new ways to enhance existing processes, are driven by real-world applications and are looking for a great place to grow your career - we want to hear from you! We are looking for smart, driven and dedicated team members to join our team.
- At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment.
- FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists.
- A true partner.
- We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally.
- We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
- Orlando Campus is located near the RDV Sports Complex (RDV currently offers a discounted membership for FIS employees).
- Company Paid Volunteer Day.
- Onsite dining options (Nature's Table, Schwab Café and walking distance to many restaurants).
- Onsite gym.
- Walking pond on campus.
- Flexible work schedule.
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company.
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans.
- Tax advantages flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- To help you manage your work and life needs we offer a health advocate program, tuition reimbursement and a group legal service plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: 401K match, ESPP and Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans.
- FIS Gives Back Program - Supporting our local community.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL