Ensure successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. General Duties & Responsibilities
• Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end.
• Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identify any potential issues.
• Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
• Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit senior management to ensure potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
• Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables.
• Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances and risk.
• Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
• Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
• Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
• Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate and efficient results.
• Organizes personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive and efficient at all times.
• Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression - proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
• Other related duties assigned as needed. Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. One or more relevant professional certifications, i.e., CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA, CISA, CFE) preferred. General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
• Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
• Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
• Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic - inquisitive
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
• Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
• Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and ensure successful results
• Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
• Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Saint Petersburg, FL