Banker Lopez Gassler P.A. is seeking an experienced civil litigation defense paralegal for their downtown Tampa office. This position focuses on personal injury, negligent security, and premises liability litigation. Prior experience in a defense litigation paralegal position is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, constitutions and public records.
- Conducts witness interviews and investigates case facts.
- Serves as a limited liaison between counsel, clients, experts, witnesses, third parties, and other outside contacts.
- Summarizes records including medical records, court files and depositions.
- Reviews and summarizes third party and client documents.
- Tracks and monitors cases and documents for ongoing litigation matters.
- Compiles documents responsive to discovery requests and attends document productions.
- Drafts, prepares and performs limited reviews of legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, discovery materials, appeals and contracts.
- Assists in trial preparation and discovery practices such as to gather and organizing exhibits, trial data, documents and other materials in response to subpoenas, discovery requests, interrogatories, motions for summary judgments, etc.
- Keeps current with procedures used by local, state and federal courts.
- Bachelor's degree required. Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years defense litigation paralegal experience with a focus in personal injury, negligent security, and premises liability litigation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by e-mail, telephone, and in person to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact in an environment with a diverse group of personalities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high stress and high volume environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to identify and resolve problem in a timely manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Advanced skills in computer technology using Microsoft Office Suite, Orion and document management (Sharepoint).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
Banker Lopez Gassler P.A. was founded in 2008 by Robert E. Banker, Joseph K. Lopez and Frank H. Gassler all trial lawyers with over a hundred years combined experience. The firm has grown to over 80 litigation attorneys with a dedicated client base and offices strategically located throughout the state of Florida.
Banker Lopez Gassler P.A. attorneys value long term relationships with our clients, attorneys, employees and communities. Our locally and nationally recognized attorneys practice in the areas of admiralty, appellate law, aviation, bad faith litigation and avoidance, construction litigation, insurance defense, insurance coverage, malpractice, nursing home litigation, premises liability, products liability, sports, toxic tort, and workers' compensation.
Location/Region: Tampa, FL (US)