About the Position:
- The Safety Director will work with and through management, to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures.
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protective Agency (EPA).
- Advise on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Leads and coordinates training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintain safety files and records. Record and report claims, loss control prevention.
- Perform safety surveys and inspections, prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conduct post-accident investigation and prepare report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Ability to perform job site visits, perform safety inspections, climb ladders for roof access
- 2-3 years of experience in Safety
- Communication skills - Bilingual recommended
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- OSHA 500/510 Certification preferred – additional paid training provided to acquire new and maintain current certifications
Service Painting Corporation originated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin over 40 years ago and has continued its growth into Florida with offices in Tampa and Orlando, providing many types of services customers may require. Dedication to quality workmanship through one of the finest services available has made Service Painting what it is today.
Most importantly our volume has been maintained over the years because of our belief that a project is not complete simply because the coatings have been applied. We are always there to follow-up, inspect, and Service the investments our customers have made.
Between our Tampa and Orlando offices, our average work force in the field consists of about 150 painters, waterproofers, caulkers and wall-covering installers. With the production capabilities that this large work force provides us, we are able to provide the special services our customers require. We pride ourselves in meeting deadlines, and at the same time, creating an attractive new environment for our customers through quality finish work.
Location/Region: Tampa, FL (US)