Wide Format Print Production Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Join an expanding marketing department in an exciting and fast growing converting, distribution and branding company for the wide format inkjet printing market, located in Tampa, Florida. We’re looking for someone to manage a newly created production and application print lab stocked with the latest and greatest wide format print technology in the market.
The Wide Format Print Production Manager is an expert in wide format print production, hardware, software and consumables. The Print Production Manager should know how to use a variety of print devices, RIP software and finishing tools as well as testing equipment for measuring specifications. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of the common uses, applications, and tricks for wide format printing and have a good working knowledge of photography, fine art, computer graphics as well as multiple types of advertising and signage. The ability to communicate with customers, give presentations, work together with other departments is also required. Must have an interest in the print market, a discerning eye for quality, color and have the ability to use a defined process to evaluate materials, make a determination and then defend that decision.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• BS or BA in Marketing, technical or other relevant discipline
• Passion for WF printing
• Experience working in wide format print production
• Experience evaluating print substrates and materials
• Experience working with dealer channels is preferred
• Experience working with product lifecycle or branded product lines
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, Salesforce
• Color management, color profiling
• Background or knowledge in printing, photography, design industry is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking and attention to detail.
• Autonomous, works well under little supervision, takes initiative, and follows through.
• Highly self-motivated, highly productive, results-oriented, FRIENDLY & positive can-do attitude, analytical, team player, detail-oriented, and organized.
• Excellent verbal and written communication – including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
o Maintain printers and test equipment
o Coordinate print and application testing
o Perform and report benchmark analysis vs competitive products
o Conduct Product Qualification
o Conduct Beta Testing
o Work with marketing and sales to make media product line recommendations
o Design marketing collateral files using Adobe software
o Print final designs and graphics for tradeshows and special events
o Coordinate with internal and external vendors for Cut / Collate / Assemble/ Fulfill
o Answer and respond to tech support emails and phone calls
o Problem solve with customers to access the problem and find a solution
o Make product recommendations to customer / sales / customer service
o Support quality department and quality review process
o Evaluate material and make determination of claim
o Communicate with customer / customer service / sales / marketing
o Turn info into tips for customers
o Proactive vs reactive
o Create fun and information videos for
o Stay informed of developments in print technology, ink, software
o Stay informed of industry trends for new applications and materials
o Stay informed of competitor product lines
Dietzgen Corporation provides converting and distribution services for digital print media including papers, films and textiles to the US market. Founded in 1989, today’s Dietzgen is a privately held corporation with eight (8) dedicated facilities, completing a nation-wide manufacturing and distribution network allowing quick and efficient service. The Dietzgen brand has been proudly serving our customers for more than one hundred years.