The Country Club of Orlando, a private Country Club established in 1911, is currently seeking applicants for a rewarding position as a Fitness/Wellness Attendant. This is an entry level position.
The Country Club of Orlando is one of the largest and oldest Country Clubs in the state of Florida. The physical Club encompasses 166 1/3 acres and includes twelve tennis courts, an 18-hole golf course, a junior-Olympic sized swimming pool, a fitness center, snack bars, and a main clubhouse with unique dining facilities, banquet venues, and meeting rooms. Our family-oriented Club strives to provide the highest level of service and professionalism.
Part Time Position - WEEKENDS and NIGHTS (this is NOT a day shift) - Entry Level Position - Must have CPR/AED and health and fitness experience
- High School Diploma or GED minimum.
- Must have 1-3 years experience in recreation, Physical Fitness Facility, Country Club Setting, or other Customer Service Health and Fitness related field.
- CPR/AED Certification required.
- Due to the physical nature of the position, the ability to set up large equipment (strength equipment/machines, Pilates Reformers, Spin Bike, Weights, etc.) and lift at least 35 lbs
- Ensure a safe and clean workout environment through constant circulation of the floor
- Be available to assist members on any piece of cardio or strength machine, and provide proper instruction on use of the equipment and exercise technique within your scope of expertise.
- Scheduling and providing Wellness Orientations for both child and/or adult.
- Maintain tidiness by ensuring that all weights, mats and small equipment are in their proper place, and that all weight benches and machines remain in the proper location.
- Organize and stock supplies while keeping track of what must be ordered daily.
- Maintaining prompt cleanliness of the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms with attention to detail on locker room checkout/In procedures.
- Answering the phone with proper etiquette while taking messages, emails and delivering those to members in a promptly fashion.
- Greeting, signing in and interacting with members and guests as they enter and exit the Wellness Center.
- Explaining, promoting and registering members for various programs such as classes and activities with proper forms and sheets
- Enforce all Wellness Center policies and procedures such as age requirements and proper shoes and dress code for all members.
- Execute emergency and safety procedures from manual when necessary.
- Reporting of any complaints, incident of injury, theft, or broken equipment to the Director of Wellness and Fitness or Wellness Lead on duty
- Maintaining attendance records with Director of Wellness and Fitness
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and or trainings
- Communicate effectively with and complete tasks assigned by the Building Manager/ Supervisor on duty
- Communicates effectively with Director of Wellness and Fitness, Wellness Leads, and fellow co-workers
The Country Club of Orlando is a drug-free workplace. Drug tests and background checks are routinely performed on all new employees.
This Job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Team Member occupying this position. Team Member’s will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
The Country Club of Orlando was founded in 1911. It is one of the largest and oldest Country Clubs in the state of Florida.
The Club encompasses 166 & 1/3 acres and includes twelve tennis courts, a renovated 18-hole Donald Ross designed golf course, a junior-Olympic sized swimming pool, a recently renovated Wellness center, snack bars, and a main clubhouse with unique dining facilities, banquet venues, and meeting rooms. Our family-oriented Club strives to provide the highest level of service and professionalism.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL (US)