Role and Responsibilities
AV/Security Tech II must be able to perform roles and responsibilities of AV/Security Tech I and systems requiring Control4 Automation Products and Lighting. Communicating with the Customer directly is necessary to review the job work order, answer customer questions professionally and properly, and instruct and train the customer/end user on the system functions and operation. Performing work in a clean unobtrusive manner is key.
· Requires any and all tools necessary to perform all job responsibilities
· Must also be able to work and perform duties of Trim Tech II and Online/Activation Tech
· Have in depth knowledge of security systems operation, functions, and wiring requirements
· Completely understand security systems Phoenix Systems installs and services (NX, SimonXTi, 2Gig, DSC, Etc.)
· Required to take the weekly rotation of PAID after hours emergency service calls
· Understands monitoring protocol with Phoenix/Monitoring Station/Primary Responders for alarms
· Understands and can articulate Pricing for Monitoring Rate Tiers to Customers
· Can Demonstrate and Train Customer on Advanced Monitoring Solutions such as Alarm.Com
· Troubleshooting Skills necessary to identify and repair Security System Problems, Malfunctions, and False Alarms
· Troubleshooting Skills necessary to repair existing wiring installed by phoenix systems for Phone/Data/Intercom/Security/WAP’s/Basic Audio/Cameras/etc.
· Understands Phoenix AV Component Packages and how to install, setup, and train homeowners on their use
· Understands Cable types and technologies and can distinguish which types to use in installation scenarios
· Ability to accurately assess system design and functionality when adding additional components
· Knowledge and Setup of Networking requirements for Routers, Switches, DVR’s, Network Components, WAP’s, etc.
· Control4 Tech II Certification
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Must have experience with Security/AV Installations for a minimum of 3 years regardless of skill set. Clear Background Check and MVR Required. Technical or Vocational Related Schooling is a Plus but not required
Phoenix Systems is one of the Southeast's largest and most dependable providers of security, low voltage, and A/V systems catering to both end users and builders alike. With over 17 years at our hub in Alpharetta, Georgia our company has performed tens of thousands of successful system installations. Our commitment to excellent customer service, employee training, and a solid reputation with our clients has grown Phoenix Systems into a multi-million dollar company in several markets in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina.