Geotechnical Consultants, Inc. (GCI), is currently seeking a multi-disciplined Building Inspector for a position within the greater Orlando area of Florida but mainly at the Orlando International Airport. Responsibilities include:
- The primary duty of this position will be to perform responsible technical quality assurance inspections for a combination of the following: building foundations and structural framing including CMU, cast in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, shoring/re-shoring, post tension cable, precast/pre-stressed items, build-out of exterior skin and interior space, building finishes, fire safety including fire sprinklers, fire and smoke alarm systems, smoke control systems and fire exits, all building systems, and all mechanical, electrical and plumbing work performed on new and existing commercial and industrial buildings airport wide. This work will involve weekend and night work as necessary.
- Interface with and notify supervisors, contractors, and subordinates of any/all issues which may affect the project.
- Maintain effective relationships with the Owner, Contractors, and the public.
- Review plans, specifications, provisions, submittals, shop drawings, and other controlling documents to ensure contractor compliance with same.
- Monitor daily contractor and subcontractor on-site construction activities.
- Recognize, evaluate, and properly resolve problems or conditions.
- Document any and all daily events affecting the project.
- Inspect materials for conformance with specifications and submittals.
- Photograph, enter / log and maintain observed contractor work into a tracking system.
- Perform and/or coordinate the testing of materials and work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Perform structural inspections regarding the following structural elements: CMU, cast in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, shoring/re-shoring, post tension cable, precast/prestress members.
- Minimum of 5 years of on-the-job inspection experience in large scale commercial projects. Any combination of Plan Review (PX) or Commercial Building Inspection (BN) is acceptable.
- Any combination of Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (B.C.A.I.) certifications in Standard, Building, Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Plumbing.
Hourly Wage depending upon qualifications.
IMPORTANT: Must have a valid driver’s license be able to obtain airport security badge.
Please provide a list of inspection projects with your application.
GCI Inc. is an engineering consulting firm, located in Longwood, Florida, dedicated to providing its clients with high quality, cost-effective and timely engineering solutions.
The principals and staff members of GCI have extensive involvement and experience as project engineers and/or managers in a variety of design studies and/or the construction of buildings, airports and airfields, bridges and roadways, stormwater management projects, water and wastewater/reclaimed water projects as well as rail system projects worldwide.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL (US)