Position written for on the job training. All candidates must be on the job training qualified to apply for this position.
Under the direction of the Director of the Pharmacy and Emergency Room Clinical Pharmacist, the primary responsibility shall be to perform all duties necessary to obtain an accurate and timely medication history from patients being admitted to the hospital, including documentation and clarification of medication histories which may require speaking to the patient's caregiver, primary care physician or pharmacy under the supervision of a pharmacist. Other duties may include, but not limited to various functions in preparation, dispensing, packaging and drug distribution. Maintains pertinent records according to legal requirements and/or hospital and departmental policy. Complies and computes medication charges and credits.
Interacts and communicates with patients, pharmacy staff, pharmacy management, providers, caregivers, community pharmacies and various hospital departments to include department nursing staff.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives pertaining to pharmacy's involvement in the patient admission process
- Displays knowledge of drug i.e. names, dosages, and strengths available.
- Possess the ability to accurately enter data into the computer and to follow computer work flow.
- Requires communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Required to work independently
- Job involves a lot of public contact
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
At CareerSource we specialize in talent. Our network of career development professionals works directly with employers to align their demand for skilled talent with the needs of Floridians seeking employment and career development opportunities.
Location/Region: Vero Beach, FL (US)