Responsible for operating and tending printing presses and bindery machines. Performs traditional printing sheet feed and bindery operations.
- Operate printing and Bindery Machines.
- Run several presses with different size and color capacities.
- Prepare machines for printing.
- Install the printing plate with the images to be printed.
- Press operators prepare machines for printing.
- Ink the presses, load paper, and adjust the press to the paper size.
- Ensure that paper and ink meet specifications
- Adjust the flow of ink to the inking rollers accordingly.
- Guide paper through the press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Monitor their operation and keep the paper feeders well stocked.
- Make adjustments to manage ink distribution, speed, and temperature in the drying chamber.
- Correct paper tears or jams.
- Search for and correct problems.
- Make quick corrections to avoid expensive losses of paper and ink.
- Pull sheets to check for printing imperfections.
- Set up, monitor, and adjust the printing process on a control panel or computer monitor.
- Oil and clean the presses and make minor repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform digital, electrostatic, and ink-jet printing.
- Transfer files, blend colors, and proof images electronically using digital presses.
Intech Printing & Direct Mail, Inc. has been family owned and operated since 1987. Our company is financially sound and continually invests in people and technology to further our reputation as the leading provider of commercial printing and direct mail marketing in all of Southwest Florida. We offer competitive wages, as well as an excellent benefits package - 401k with company match and company-sponsored health insurance plan.
Intech Printing & Direct Mail, Inc so much more than just a printing company
What We Can Offer You
Positive Teamwork Environment with Dedicated Customer Service Support
Full Integrated Proprietary Technology Solutions to Aid Your Sales Activities
Sales ‘Dashboard’ (Browser-based for Remote Access)
Customer & Contact Management Automation to Aid in Day-to-Day Communication
Estimate Reporting Tools to Measure Win Ratios, Monitor Status & Aid Follow-up Efforts
Sales Reporting Tools to Measure Past & Present Revenue Trends
Project Estimating Calculator for Immediate Pricing
Real-Time Job Tracking & Scheduling to Eliminate Wasted Time
What We Can Offer Both You AND Your Customers:
Fully Automated Website Which Includes:
24/7 Customer Access
Browser-based File Uploads and Downloads
Fully Automated PDF Proofing System
Detailed Estimate & Job History Reporting
Editable Company, Contact and Shipping Address Information
Fully Integrated UPS WorldShip Tracking of ALL Ground and Air Shipments
Real-time USPS Confirm Service Mail Tracking with Custom Reporting Services
Online Inventory Management and Automated Fulfillment Services
Online Payment Processing Complete with Invoicing History
Location/Region: Sarasota, FL (US)