Position Summary and Objectives
NOVA Engineering is currently seeking a 1& 2 Family Dwelling Building Code Inspector for the Osceola County/Kissimmee, FL area. The first year will be performing inspections on a large single family home subdivision in the area. Primary duties will include performing building code inspections on residential buildings, as well as managing specific projects related to these types of code inspections. The more licences the better as you may eventually be performing commercial inspections as well. Some travel may be required for inspections and/or managing projects in the assigned area.
- Building Code Review and/or Quality Control Inspections
- Prepare written and electronic reports, and issue notices of correction
- Explain and interpret code and/or quality control regulations or requirements
- Recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations
- Maintain effective customer service relationship with clients and the public
- Assist the inspection management team with business development
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Education
- Required state of Florida structural building inspection license (BN#) in 1&2 Family Dwelling
- MEP certs are a big plus as well
- 5+ years’ experience performing plan review and/or inspections
- High School diploma or equivalent education; Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Valid State Driver’s license with clean driving record
Established in 1996, NOVA was originally founded to provide Environmental Consulting, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Materials Testing and Inspection (CMT) services to the design and construction community in Georgia. Today we serve the eastern United States as NOVA Group Services with two operating subsidiaries, including NOVA Engineering and Environmental, and NOVA Quality Assurance Consulting Services. NOVA remains an employee-owned business focused on client service and technical excellence.
In addition to our traditional Environmental, Geotechnical Engineering, and CMT consulting services, NOVA also provides Building Envelope, Roof Consulting, and Structural / Forensics Engineering services that include condition assessments, design development review, failure analysis, as well as building envelope/roofing testing and inspection services during construction and/or rehabilitation.
NOVA has also expanded to provide industry leadership in building code compliance services that include: Municipal and Government Outsourcing, Loss Prevention, Construction Defect Mitigation, state of Florida Private ProviderTM and HUD Inspection services. Our professional staff includes experienced ICC certified plans examiners and inspectors, building officials, and engineers that can help you maintain the building standards of your community.
Currently, NOVA employs over 350 personnel located in 16 offices. Our professional staff consists of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, ICC inspectors, certified inspectors for housing and urban development, building officials, laboratory specialists, NICET and ACI-certified technicians, AWS-certified welding inspectors, and specialty consultants.
Location/Region: Kissimmee, FL (US)