General Description: Under the direction of the President, the Estimator
ensures that all assigned estimates are completed accurately and on a timely basis, using current cost center standards and budgeted hourly rates. He/she drafts “Letters of Quote” in accordance with established guidelines for all estimates. The Goal of every employee: Empowering cross-functioning lean manufacturing teams, striving for improved methods, productivity and a cooperative team spirit.
1. Makes necessary decisions and takes necessary actions to satisfy the responsibilities of job estimation. Engineers print project specifications to be produced in the most cost efficient manner in accordance with our production equipment. Ensures that all estimates are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
2. Doubles checks all estimates prior to release for accuracy of time and material calculations and to ensure proper and adequate techniques have been applied. Establishes preliminary selling prices in accordance with corporate policies in relation to value added ratios.
3. Drafts complete “Letters of Quote” in accordance with established guidelines for all estimates.
4. Maintains a positive working relationship with customers and suppliers, an open line of communication with all departments and a sense of cooperation with the entire staff.
Provides assistance to the Plant Manager and Departments Supervisors in areas of pricing, manufacturing methods and costs.
5. Reviews specifications and determines degree on completeness prior to estimating cost. Contacts requesting party for missing information.
6. Makes Director of Estimating aware of all customer complaints or price, service or quality and any estimates which cannot be completed in the time requested. Handles customer complaints factually, expeditiously and to the customer’s satisfaction.
7. Is familiar with capabilities of each piece of printing and finishing equipment. Recommends improvements to estimating methods to enhance productivity.
8. Meets with Director of Estimating bi-weekly to review and rectify departmental complaints and suggestions. Assists with maintenance of estimating log to determine marketing analysis and identify problem areas.
9. Assists Director of Estimating with special projects as requested.
Coastal Printing is an innovative printing company! Our entire team is driven towards one mission to assist you by producing communication media that will enhance your business.
Located in Sarasota, Florida, we are able to serve customers locally, state-wide and across the entire US region. Coastal Printing is a founding member of IPW Communications, a dynamic network of over 200 Printers throughout the US, Canada and Europe brought together to help our customers print and deliver work anywhere, anytime.
Offset or digital printing, web-to-print, variable data, direct-mail, personalised, QR Codes, MS Tags... we can put marketing technology to work for you today!
Laser focused... we are like a beam of energy firing your message, energizing your target audience to make a play on your call to action; collecting, sharing and communicating... we unlock your language!