Association Information: The International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) is a nonprofit public safety membership association dedicated to providing education and certification.
The AMS Specialist will be the primary organizational point of contact for services related to the Association’s recently upgraded association management database application (iMIS/RISE). The AMS Specialist will be responsible for support and troubleshooting of issues related to day-to-day operations of the system, and will contribute to the development of future modules or integrations.
The AMS Specialist, in the first year of the position, will heavily assist with the implementation of new AMS modules, upgrades, and associated business processes. The AMS Specialist will work closely with the management team.
Responsibilities: (include, but are not limited to)
• Perform day-to-day management of the Association Management System (AMS)
• Develop system queries and develop custom reports
• Serve as Help Desk for all staff to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve problems with the database application
• Verify integrity of data
• Configure system options (such as security, new fields, setup of codes and preferences)
• Serve as internal expert on AMS, including customizations, reports, user setup, administration, and setup of workflow
• Work closely with all departments to understand processes and applications already in place and determine optimum ways for the AMS to support new processes.
• Assist with planning training classes for use of the AMS, and provide training for new and existing organization staff
• Support other related applications on an as-needed basis
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Three or more years work experience in information technology field or working with a relational database, AMS and CMS. Experience with end-user support, data integrity and reporting preferred.
• Experience in an association environment or not-for-profit environment preferred
• Highly effective communication, project management, and interpersonal skills a must
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical users verbally and in writing
• Good problem solver and facilitator
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Experience working with end users to develop requirements and propose solutions to meet user needs
• Competency with basic accounting principles
• Knowledge of relational database design, data modeling and reporting
• Experience with non-profit AMS applications or other comparable enterprise level CRM systems
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• Proficiency with SQL
• Experience with report writing tools (such as Crystal, Microsoft Reporting Services, Business Objects) preferred
• Experience with Adobe Suite of products
• Familiarity with mid-range accounting systems, such as QuickBooks is a plus
• Experience working with content management systems
• Web development experience a plus
• Willingness to learn new development technologies
• Experience with online seminar production and/or online learning software systems a plus
Location/Region: Rockledge, FL (US)