Graduation from high school or possession of a GED, AND five (5) years of field experience in land surveying or three (3) years experience as a Survey Technician, Level I with Volusia County. The preferred candidate, having met the minimum qualifications, will have experience with robotic survey instruments, customary survey instruments, and GPS equipment with data collection.
*Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License
- Knowledge of surveying instruments and fieldcomputers.
- Knowledge of mathematic computations applicable to land surveying includinggeometry andtrigonometry.
- Knowledge of survey principles andpractices.
- Knowledge of electronic data collection techniques of fieldsurveying.
- Able to understand and follow oral and writteninstructions
- Able to interpret engineering drawings andplans.
- Able to plan, assign, supervise, evaluate and review work of subordinateemployees.
- Able to follow policy & procedures to insure work is done accurately &efficiently.
- Able to cut vegetation with chainsaw ormachete.
- Able to work under stressfulconditions.
- Able to interact effectively withothers.
- Must be able to relocate to other county locations based upon operationalneeds.
Physical Demands: Light to Medium work. Ability to lift, see, carry, push, pull, stand, walk, climb, crouch, crawl, kneel, reach, handle, finger. Ability to traverse uneven, undeveloped, wet terrain. Visual acuity (peripheral vision, depth perception) necessary to operate a motorized vehicle.
Environmental Demands: Outside work. Ability to tolerate inclement weather including rain, cold, heat, humidity. Exposure to fumes, odors, noise and vibration, dust, water. Exposures to insects.
Mental Demands: Ability to read and comprehend safety instructions and manuals, directions, procedures; drawings, maps, legal descriptions, general instructions, reports, letters and summaries. Ability to perform shop math (geometric construction and essentials of trigonometry) and basic mathematical functions. Ability to speak and express ideas clearly to laymen. Ability to write at level to convey ideas, thought, data and details.
Volusia County is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.