Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
The 50-bed Florida Hospital Celebration Health Emergency Department is the busiest in Osceola County. Due to proximity of the tourist attractions, we have many international guests. Communication is key to success here, and is accomplished thanks to a team-oriented staff that works well together and enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced ED. Florida Hospital Celebration Health offers the three levels of ED care - acute, intermediate and fast-track - separate treatment areas for minor and major emergencies.
Full-time: Three 12-hour shifts; 7:00pm to 7:00am
The Advanced Technician II performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the Florida Hospital corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Completion of a paramedic program, LPN (if hired prior to 3/31/14), or registered nurse program
- TNCC (Preferred)
- Monitor Tech cross-training (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Licensed by the State of Florida as a Paramedic, OR
- Licensed in the state of Florida as an LPN (if hired prior to 03/31/14), OR
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Florida (awaiting RN position availability – up to 120 days), OR
- Licensed as an RN in another state (awaiting Florida RN License – up to 90 days)
- PALS or ENPC
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
- Attaches 12 lead EKG’s and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring, and performs venipuncture for testing. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician.
- Inserts peripheral IV’s, hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
- Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
- Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams; i.e. set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc. Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, finger splints, application of dressings, etc. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, and concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- Maintains (room and work area organization and stocking levels) per 5 S principles. Maintains rooms and work area cleanliness.
- Performs accurate order entry. Manages phone calls, notifies physician of all back results, orders diets, etc. Relieves HUC as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- Paramedic does not: perform skills that according to state and hospital policy are to be perfomed by the RN only, perform assessment, add IV additives to IV fluids, administer any oral, subcutaneous, topical, IM, or IV medications, hang blood components, sign off doctor’s orders to give report, change rates of any medicated IVF or maintain an independent patient care assignment.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Advanced Tech II opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today.
Paramedic, Clinical Tech, Emergency Department, Advanced Tech
Location/Region: Celebration, FL