First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Search public records and examine documents to determine legal condition of vacation ownership properties in a high volume production environment. Perform quality control audits on title searches performed by others within the division. Copy, summarize, and review documents for recordability which affect the condition of title to the property. Customer contact involves large vacation ownership developers and aligning processes with customer service level agreements. Vacation Ownership projects can vary by developer and require thinking outside the box, meeting service level agreements, and managing large scale projects.
- Majority of time is spent performing quality control checks on title examinations. Review title evidence package, verify information against product requirements and adherence to service level agreements. (approximately 70-80%)
- Performs title search and examination of the chain of title in multiple states for orders requiring a limited level of expertise. Works on building state knowledge.
- Prepares initial title products including but not limited to vacation ownership certificates, volume based search worksheets and commitments based on the application of procedural guidelines. Write typical requirements on schedule B-I of a commitment and in a reduced phrase format for volume based search worksheets.
- Set-up volume based search worksheet and files, including instructions, tasking and sample packages.
- Calculate policy premiums.
- Prepare final title policies.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone or email contact.
- Works on projects and tasks that are routine in nature and are typically large volume and state specific.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Receives direct supervision and requires guidance in most aspects of the job;
- Works under guidance of more experienced team members.
- No responsibility for the supervision of others.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiarity with basic real estate terms preferred. Understand the effect of deeds, satisfactions, judgments, full re-conveyances, corporate documents, trust documents as it relates to property
- Time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Communication skills: verbal & written
- Proficient MS Office skill set; Excel skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Real estate industry experience
- Title experience preferred
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Lake Mary, FL