First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Develops and retains a quality agent client base through the acquisition of new agents and maintenance of existing agents. Primary responsibility of an Agency Rep is to be the agent’s main point of contact on orders and to manage the relationship between the agent and the company. Sales representatives have an ongoing responsibility for maintaining the customer relationship and servicing the customer's needs throughout the entire sales order, shipping, billing, customer payment, and follow-up for future business process
- Retains and expands agency relationship through out regional/market area
- Communicates proactively with and responds in a timely manner to agents
- Develops and executes a call plan for the area assigned
- Assesses individual agent needs and develops, presents and implements a plan to meet those needs
- Is highly visible in his/her marketing area by attending real estate industry functions and participating in community and real estate
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Effectively creates or adapts and delivers group and individual presentations to customer groups, target agents, cooperating agents and others
- Manage agency accounts including performing policy audits, collecting aged receivables, monitoring agent remittance and resolving any accounting issues
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to listen to customers and understand their needs and objectives to better respond and provide solutions
- Applies diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrates persistence, tenacity and consistency in pursuing revenues opportunities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt strategy to changing conditions
- Understanding of market and competition with the ability to identify external threats and opportunities
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong negotiation skills
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 5 years of successful Title/Real estate industry experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Tampa, FL