Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
Florida Hospital Celebration Health Patient Access offers world class customer service and is often the patient’s first impression at our mission-centric organization. As patient advocacy ambassadors, the team contributes positively to patient experience, patient safety, throughput, regulatory compliance and securing financial stability across the system. Our team of highly engaged registration and concierge staff assists patients, providing them with knowledge on medical insurance benefits and options to take care of patient financial responsibility.
5:00am – 5:00am / Sun – Sat.
The Concierge is spontaneous and enthusiastic with a desire to assist and serve others by delivering exemplary customer service. Follows all department policies when completing required tasks. Ensures confidentiality of patient and department information by adhering to HIPAA and other accrediting and regulatory bodies. Appropriately uses service-recovery methods if problems arise. Accountable for appropriately documenting and maintaining spreadsheets and/or logs. Takes personal responsibility for understanding and implementing any department /facility changes that affect self, team, staff and guests. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to use discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature.
- Ability to be responsive to dynamic matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly.
- Typing skills equal to 15 wpm, net.
- Self-motivation, quick thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in performance of computer knowledge including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Proficiency in Internet searching functions and basic math functions.
- Capability in communicating professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Capability in communicating professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (preferred)
- Ability to speak and read (English/Spanish) (Preferred)
- High school diploma or GED (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Represents Concierge Services to the highest caliber at all times. Greets all customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, etc.) of all ages in a helpful and courteous manner using appropriate verbal greeting and offering assistance. Smiles and makes eye contact with all customers encountered at work area and throughout campus. Exhibits a spontaneous and enthusiastic desire to assist and serve others by delivering exemplary customer service.
- Anticipates and responds to inquiries and/or needs in an assertive, yet friendly approach. Provides clear and accurate directions to campus and area destinations and has a working knowledge of all pertinent locations on campus. Diffuses difficult issues in appropriate manner. Uses appropriate gestures and posture during all encounters with guests and co-workers.
- Utilizes outstanding telephone communication skills by answering calls within three rings including first name and offering assistance using a friendly and warm tone. Exhibits exceptional listening skills in order to meet needs of callers. Has full working knowledge of transferring calls to other staff when necessary. Successfully accesses available resources in order to provide prompt and accurate information to callers.
- Serves as definitive resource for a wide variety of guest and/or staff inquiries and needs. Successfully utilizes and navigates Internet and other information or communication technology to provide information and solutions based on inquiries or assigned tasks. Has working knowledge of local community destinations and resources and proactively ensures customers are aware of such services.
- Provides continual coverage for front line areas in order to assist customers promptly by supporting Patient Access and/or Clinical Service areas as needed. Follows all department policies when completing tasks required when serving at respective work stations. Creates and/or initiates patient accounts in a timely manner when applicable to frontline areas. Places armbands on patients according to area policy and disseminates patient information document packets as required. Is accountable for monitoring patient wait times when serving in such capacity to ensure patients are directed to Patient Access specialists within percentage goals specified by respective registration areas. Maintains open line of communication with co-workers, leadership, patients, and families based on situations that may delay wait times or service. Appropriately utilizes service-recovery methods if a problem arises.
- Without exception, ensures confidentially of patient and departmental information by adhering to HIPAA and other accrediting and regulatory bodies. Verifies pertinent information to determine authorization level of visitor or caller before releasing account or other personal information.
- Is accountable for accessing, documenting and maintaining patient check-in spreadsheets, creating or initiating patient accounts, and/or completing tracking logs that are deemed applicable to respective work area. Adheres to Department policy by ensuring patient demographics and account information are appropriate for patient account type based on patient’s visit. Correctly uses all available patient data search tools when locating or creating patient visit information in order to select patient’s correct MRI and avoid safety/double MRI issues. Maintains basic knowledge of obtaining, completing and scanning patient documents (e.g., consent for treatment, IM messages) in support of Patient Access and clinical departments.
- Takes personal responsibility for understanding and implementing any department /facility changes that affect self, team, staff and guests. Completes all continuing education assignments as directed.
- Is accountable for upholding all department/facility professional appearance standards.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Concierge, Guest Experience opportunity with Florida Hospital Celebration and apply online today.
Concierge, Hosts, Hostess, Celebration
Location/Region: Celebration, FL