Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease..
The Specialty Service Lines team is a unique group of healthcare individuals. We have specially trained nurses and support staff who coordinate programs such as Oncology, Head & Neck, Joint & Spine surgery, Women’s Health, and Bariatric surgery. Our team assists in patient care, collaborates with other healthcare providers, facilitates pre & post-operative education, and offers support to patient’s families.
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
The overall goal of the Clinical Coordinator (CC) is to facilitate an evidence-based, multidisciplinary, multi-specialty approach to care throughout the care continuum. The CC oversees the development and redesign, as needed, of patient education, of evidence based standards of clinical care and the post discharge rehabilitation care. The CC gathers, records, and evaluates program data and uses this data in establishing program goals with the oversight of the Medical Director and the Service line Director. This position is accountable for the ongoing monitoring of program quality and assists with program marketing needs. The CC actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Team-centered leadership and facilitation skills; ability to interact appropriately with department/teams to facilitate process development, quality improvement, and interaction with patients/families and the Clinical Coordinated Care Program Team)
- Strong organizational, communication, and customer relations skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Skilled in providing age appropriate orthopedic education
- Flexibility in prioritization; ability to multitask; critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Three years experience as a medical/surgical nurse
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Nursing (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current license with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Facilitates an evidence-based, multidisciplinary, multi-specialty approach throughout the care continuum. Assists with the monthly service line meetings presenting clinical data and recommending process improvements.
- Remains current in evidence-based practice and new emerging trends. Participates in the development of practice standards including pre-op, post-op and discharge instructions. Facilitates the development of patient education classes specific to surgeries.
- Develops, tracks, and benchmarks (in collaboration with the physician/administrative team) program outcomes related to clinical/operational goals Data analysis to align with FH overall goal of tracking to support efforts related to pay for performance reimbursement.
- Promotes the Clinical Coordination Program awareness within the physician community and the community at-large. Participates in marketing through physician visits, dinners, educational seminars, and community lectures. Develops appropriate relationships to maximize the Clinical Coordinated Program effectiveness and facilitates program problem resolution across departmental, campus, and physician/ provider lines.
- Navigates the patient within the specific area of concentration i.e., Bariatrics, spine, women’s medicine and oncology from pre-op education through the hospital stay and post rehabilitation stage, ensuring the patients have appropriate, timely, medical, supportive services through a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. Addresses appointment coordination, record requests, insurance concerns, education, and communicating information between the physician office and the patient, etc.
- Provides onsite mentoring of the staff within the specific area of concentration i.e., Bariatrics, spine, women’s medicine and oncology. Implements strategies for critical thinking. Assists with Nursing education conferences and the yearly competencies required by regulatory agencies. Reports clinical issues with Director and nursing administration as needed.
- Oversees the development and updating of various forms and materials including nursing competencies and check off forms, educational packets and tracking records. Participates in data collection for submission to clinical excellence programs and as required for insurance excellence of care programs.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Clinical Coordinator opportunity with Florida Hospital Celebration Health and apply online today.
Clinical Coordinator, Celebration
Location/Region: Celebration, FL