Florida Hospital Kissimmee is a 163 bed community-focused hospital, conveniently located near Walt Disney World. The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties. At the heart of our latest expansion is a new, three-story tower featuring 80 expansive, private patient rooms and a host of modern amenities and technologies. Because we believe family support is an essential part of health and healing, we’ve included large, beautifully decorated family waiting areas with the comforts of home. Plus, each patient room includes ample space for visiting loved ones to relax, work and sleep.
Our Emergency Department is located in one of the fastest-growing communities in Osceola County, close to Walt Disney World entertainment complex and local attractions. The unit consists of 15 monitored beds, along with 7 extended care monitored beds, and the local area’s only Chest Pain Center. We see over 34,000 patients each year, serving all age groups with the best in community-based acute, medical and surgical care. The department also utilizes LEAN principles in an effort to promote safe and efficient throughput.
3/12's; 9a-9p, weekend rotation requried
*$10,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation of $2,500 or $5,000 available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to all age groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) to achieve the goals of the nursing and emergency departments. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- For cost centers 1703, 3551and 3741 - 1 year of recent ED Experience, OR 2 years of Critical Care Nursing Experience, OR 2 years of experience as a licensed paramedic and currently working as paramedic in field or emergency department.
- BSN (Preferred)
- MSN (Preferred)
- ENPC, TNCC (Preferred)
- CEN (Preferred)
- ED internship program (Preferred)
- Computer skills (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
- ACLS and BLS
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy.
- Completes assessments and reassessments, including pain scale, response to medication / interventions. Assesses for and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected.
- Performs treatments and administers medications. Anticipates needs and plan of care and responds appropriately. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Interprets and verifies physician’s orders correctly. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age (all age groups) and takes appropriate action. Investigates concerns or challenges and offers suggestions for improvement / correction. Identifies patient teaching needs and utilizes opportunities for teaching. Provides thorough and concise discharge instructions.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives and Clinical Best Practice / Core measures initiatives (ACS, CAP, Brain Attack, etc.)
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces infection prevention and safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, & concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN opportunity with Florida Hospital Kissimmee and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
ED, Emergency Nurse, Emergency Department, RN, Registered Nurse, Emergency Room, ER, Kissimmee
Location/Region: Kissimmee, FL