SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Material Planning lies at the heart of SpaceX where our world-class rockets and spacecraft are built at an unprecedented rate. This is a high-profile, cross functional position that plays an integral role in enabling production flow and supporting launch manifest. Working in close coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing departments, Material Planners execute effective organization management and supply chain strategies to achieve production goals.
We are seeking a material planner to support our launch site operations located in Cape Canaveral, Florida. This role will support both launch site integration of new rockets and also planning for refurbishment for our flight proven rockets. Launch site material planners should have demonstrated experience in MRP (Material Requirements Planning), BOM configuration, supply chain practices, and project management. Communication is key to ensure the right parts arrive at the right time to support the launch activities. We need forward thinkers who can recover material shortages on purchased and fabricated parts by working cross-functionally to come up with creative solutions. One must also be able to analyze and interpret data and report to senior leadership to influence the organization. Help us build rockets reliably, cost-efficiently, and on-time!
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering or similar technical discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in material planning, operations management, supply chain management, or master scheduling; or 2+ years of applicable internship experience in the same fields
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems, and with managing bill of materials and work orders
- Strongly prefer candidates with 3+ years of professional experience
- APICS certification, Six Sigma certification, or similar certifications
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment, both independently and in a team
- Demonstrated efficiency in time management, interpersonal communication, and organization
- Strong skills in data analysis using Excel, SQL and Tableau
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.