Oversee the operation of the Guest Services Department, including management of the Team Members and their communication with the park guests.
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Facilitates and directs the guest services department, including management of the guest services staff and their communication with the guests.
- Responsible for the overall supervision, training and development of the Guest Service areas at each park.
- Responsible for the research and resolution of guest issues. Develops and implements policies and procedures for dealing with guest concerns. Ensures guest issues are responded to appropriately and consistently. Ensures complete follow-up of all guest concerns, responds to guest inquiries, questions and complaints.
- Track patterns and develop statistical reports regarding guest issues and experiences, both positive and negative. Communicates this information to the appropriate parties. Ensures proper action is taken to eliminate future negative guest experiences.
- Responsible for the development and management of labor and non-labor budgets for the Guest Service departments.
- Communicates Marketing programs/special events to staff. Audits and looks for efficiency within work unit. Evaluates various Marketing programs and work with key contacts to ensure programs success.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years guest service management experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means. IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN? Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE