Surrounded by the Walt Disney World® Resort, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is an adventurous family destination where treasured memories are made. Guests enjoy our incredible three-acre pool and lazy river with a waterslide- named #1 Fantastic Hotel Pool by TripAdvisor in 2012. Our guests take advantage of complimentary motor coach transportation to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and the Downtown Disney® Area. Guests can also tee off at the adjacent Waldorf Astoria® Golf Club or pamper themselves with a treatment at the luxurious Waldorf Astoria® Spa.The Hilton Bonnet Creek boasts 1,001 contemporary guest rooms and 12 memorable restaurants, including the vibrant La Luce, serving traditional Italian recipes passed down through generations. Guests can also sip a favorite drink, or let the bar staff forge a new concoction for them at the stylish and sophisticated Zeta Bar.This hotel has 132,000 sq. ft. of total meeting and function space and offers secure WiFi access throughout.
A Senior Event Manager is responsible for executing written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events and the successful execution of such events in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Event Manager, you would be responsible for executing written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events and the successful execution of such events in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Execute written sales agreements for large-scale and complex full-service meetings, conventions and events with more than 300 cumulative room nights
- Negotiate terms and pricing of vendor partner agreements and service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated with group business
- Maintain relationships among the customers, their representatives and the hotel to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
- Initiate verbal and written communication with customers and hotel departments outlining details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to, payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental, exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process
- Partner with operations departments
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Recruit, interview and train team members
Job Requirements What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!