McKinley is seeking a Maintenance Technician for one of our apartment communities in Orlando, FL near the airport. This position is with our Owned Residential division working only at communities we own and operate as important long term assets.
In our business, our customers live with us and trust us to take great care of their homes inside and out. That’s where you come in! As a Maintenance Technician at McKinley, you will be responsible for ensuring our residents have friendly, fast, high quality maintenance service for their homes. You will interact with residents in their homes and throughout the community. This includes anything from emergency plumbing repairs to picking up trash on the grounds.
Compensation: $15-$20 per hour and quarterly bonus potential!
A bit more about what you’re going to do:
• It will be your job to provide fast, friendly, and high quality maintenance service for our residents.
• You will be responsible for diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as, but not limited to: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, drywall repair, general cleaning, appliance maintenance and exterior structure maintenance.
• Prepare vacant apartments for our next resident by carefully inspecting, evaluating performance, and making any necessary repairs.
• Ensure workplace safety through the participation of all applicable safety rules and requirements.
• Participate in emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance.
• For this position, it is required that you walk throughout the community. A golfcart is not provided.
Are you what we’re looking for?
• Ideally, you have a two to four years of related experience and/or training in areas such as, but not limited to: plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, drywall repair, appliance repair, electrical.
• You hold a certification/licensure in HVAC / Universal EPA.
• A valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required for this position.
• Previous property management experience is helpful, but not required.
• Be flexible! Not everything will be brand new and in fact some of our communities are 50 years old and will definitely require creativity on your part to find the best solutions for needed repairs.
• The drive to provide exceptional customer service with every interaction
- A minimum of six months of related experience and/or training is preferred. This includes plumbing, electrical, drywall, painting and carpentry.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service with every interaction
- Great communication skills along with displaying professionalism.
- You are comfortable bringing and using your own set of basic hand tools at work.
- A valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required for this position. You will need to drive your own vehicle around the property.
- A golfcart is not provided. There will be walking from building to building as well as during grounds pick up.
- On-call duty, including weekends and holidays and snow removal during winter months.
- Previous property management experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrating our Core Values: Flexibility, Can Do Attitude, Focus on Results, Adroit and Customer Service Focus
Who we are:
McKinley Companies, LLC, founded in 1968, is a proven leader in all aspects of investment real estate. McKinley specializes in solving complex real estate problems for its own portfolio and select clientele. By creatively applying its solid track record of success, McKinley generates value and profits from even the most challenging real estate assets.
Who we REALLY are:
We are a THRIVING and GROWING property management company that lives for challenges and celebrates the successes of one and all. We are a team that can accomplish anything (seriously, anything!) and we accomplish our goals through drive, flexibility, commitment and resourcefulness…and thorough an extreme distaste for the words “that’s not possible”. We depend on our employees to not just do their jobs, but to go above and beyond for our residents, our partners and for each other every single day. Join us – and see what teamwork is REALLY all about.
We LOVE our employees!
McKinley believes that our people are one of our most important assets, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Pre-Paid legal service, ongoing professional development through McKinley University and much more!
McKinley Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a smoke-free environment in all locations. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL (US)