Internal ID: 1702945
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience, specialized training and/or certification to administer and analyze complex suitability reviews to detect trends, trading patterns and possible rules violations to ensure adherence to securities industry regulations and limit firm liability. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity and provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the sales practice activities of branch managers through the use of various reports and systems.
- Pro-actively ensures compliance with applicable industry rules (State, FINRA & SEC) and platform policies and procedures as they apply to account trading activity of branch managers clients’ accounts by monitoring branch manager activity, reporting findings and managing concerns in a professional and educational manner.
- Interfaces with specific business platform sales management associates to inform them of any supervisory concerns that may arise with branch office managers and work together with them to address these concerns as well as to resolve any conflicts that may arise related to client accounts of the branch managers.
- Monitors and keeps up to date with securities/advisory regulations and applies them accordingly.
- Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
- May implement and enforce policies and procedures for all business platform branch office locations not currently staffed with a licensed and qualified branch manager by serving at the designated manager of these OSJ locations until properly staffed. Consults independently with branch managers and recommends actions to ensure compliance with existing rules and regulations as well as prevent potential liability.
- May consult independently with branch managers and recommend actions to ensure compliance with existing rules and regulations as well as prevent potential liability.
- Uses financial data and performance indicators to propose and/or assist with establishing control mechanisms and other improvement initiatives. Identifies trends and assists with implementing corrective action as necessary.
- May assist new OSJ branch managers to assume their duties upon affiliation with the business platform through the following activities:
Training new managers on all daily branch sales supervision activities.
- Reviewing platform policies and procedures related to branch office management.
- Assisting new managers in learning to use the SAS and FA Books systems as supervisory tools.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of:
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- General office practices, procedures, and methods.
- Concepts, practices and procedures of securities industry and/or banking compliance, including suitability and other compliance issues involved with retail activity.
- Principles of banking, finance, and securities industry operations
- Rules and regulations of the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC); Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA); and state securities regulatory agencies; and/or Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) sufficient to perform the functions of this job.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Detail orientation to ensure the regulatory liability is limited, without impairing workflow.
- Utilizing business-appropriate phone manners.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Organize, prioritize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments, including those delegated, to complete work efficiently.
- Independently manage and complete multiple projects and tasks; work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Work effectively with Financial Advisors as their sales supervisor and enforce company policies and procedures as necessary.
- Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university, and a minimum of five (5) years experience in retail securities sales, sales management, operations, or compliance.
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- FINRA Series 7, 9/10 or 24 Required.
- Additional licenses required for assigned functional area such as Life, Health & Variable Annuity Insurance License, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
JobAuditing & CompliancePrimary LocationUS-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint PetersburgOrganizationRJFS FID DivisionScheduleFull-timeShiftDay JobTravelYes, 10 % of the Time