SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX Security Officer-(SXSO)-Cape Canaveral, Florida
Security Officers are dedicated security professionals with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced high tech environment. The Security Officers provide security for the people, property and operations of SpaceX. Based in Cape Canaveral, Florida, the SpaceX Security Team is responsible for the Eastern Region Operations and can be deployed globally in support of transport, recovery or special missions.
- Oversee contract force team in support of SpaceX Launch Operations
- Serve as operator in the conduct of static guard post and roving patrols
- Conduct research and analysis in support of SpaceX security missions
- Respond to security or emergency call-outs
- Conduct all-source research and analysis in support of security operations
- Implement operational plans in support of SpaceX Launch Operations
- Implement security training plans for guard force and SpaceX personnel
- Conduct liaison with military, law enforcement and key stakeholder in space industry
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 years of military policing, military counterinsurgency, law enforcement, or executive protection experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 months on the SpaceX Security Team
- History of critical incident handling experience
- Combat, medic, or EMT related experience
- Impeccable character/integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflict
- Computer based proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Extensive team oriented experience
- Leadership experience
- A keen interest in protecting the future of flight
- Foreign language proficiency
- Eligible for a US Government Security Clearance
- Must pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Valid driver’s license
- Meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
- Subject to periodic background checks, drug testing, polygraph, and physical fitness testing
- Ability and willingness to patrol on foot or stand in a static position for extended periods
- Willingness to work 12 hour shifts on rotating days
- Willingness to travel in support of SpaceX security requirements
- Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.