Description Accountemps is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk for an esteemed company in the non-profit industry. The main tasks of the Accounting Clerk will be assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R), matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, and general forms of data entry. This fast paced environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits, and great career advancement opportunity. This is a short term temporary-to-fulltime position based in the Venice, Florida area.
- General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Aid Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing
- Standardize transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Codify documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Publish financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Contribute to Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
- Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Put together statements and reports that require utilization of an assortment of sources
If you or someone you know would be interested in the opportunity please send your resume to [email protected] or call 727-576-7717. Requirements - Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- Payroll for under 100 employees experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Solid understanding of accounts payable
- Data entry, document management, file creation and previous records experience required
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Entry-level considered
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.