Provides leadership and technical guidance to analysts, and helps manage the team’s workload and priorities. Performs advanced, accurate and actionable in-depth data analysis and statistical modeling for pricing, reserving and forecasting functions. Participates as a key strategic member of the Finance Team. Provides proactive analysis and recommendations to management of both a tactical and strategic nature.Essential Functions:
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Guides cross functional teams to address key issues facing the organization.
- Actuarial model building for pricing, forecasting and reserving of the lines of business.
- Actuarial model building for projections of the lines of business.
- Assists with development of rate filings including managerial review.
- Complex data analysis for pricing and forecasting purposes.
- Financial analysis of impact of benefit design changes.
- Performs monthly analysis identifying opportunities to reduce cost and utilization.
- Participates in regional initiatives to improve operating results.
- Develops actionable recommendations to management relative to all analysis.
- Initiates key analysis to improve overall MLR results.
- Mentor analysts and associates in successfully executing corporate objectives and departmental initiatives.
- Coach and motivate success by modeling behavior consistent with corporate values.
- Interact with and influence state rate setting when working on Medicaid lines of business.
- Required A Bachelor’s Degree in Related field
- Preferred Other Graduate Degree in related field
- Required 10 years of experience in Actuarial / finance
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate Other Proven ability to carry a complex project from start to finish including appropriate coordination and utilization of a team and a presentation to senior management containing actionable information.
- Intermediate Other Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate Other Needs to articulate ideas and recommendations in a concise and actionable presentation.
- Intermediate Other Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
A license in one of the following is required:Technical Skills:
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS)