Internal ID: 1702947
QA Specialist- Home Mortgage Disclosures (HDMA) Department: Raymond James Bank Location: Raymond James Bank, Corporate Headquarters: St. Petersburg, FL
Job Summary & Responsibilities: Raymond James Bank is hiring a Quality Assurance Specialist to support all audit and QA functions in conjunction with Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HDMA) requirements. The ideal contributor will:
- Communicate with internal customers and external vendors, via phone and email, on a frequent basis.
- Review process, provide feedback, and train other associates in specific areas of HDMA.
- Establish a strong and positive working relationship with Raymond James Compliance department, Mortgage Processors, and on occasion, regulatory bodies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles data for regulatory reporting.
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail and accuracy while reviewing high volumes of loan data.
- Conducts periodic data integrity reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to the appropriate line of business.
- Ensures the HMDA data reports are complete and accurate by assigned departments.
- Provides subject matter expertise with respect to HMDA in conjunction with Corporate Compliance.
- Gathers information on error activity and reviews results with supervisor to determine root causes.
- Implements action items based on management recommendations to avoid future errors.
- Assists in the data validation and remediation processes on loan applications to endure HMDA data is complete and accurate. Validates that all identified errors are remediated.
- Works with management to develop reporting methods that identify progress against identified errors.
- Helps to identify training needs and develop training materials that can improve inefficiencies.
- Assists throughout regulatory exams and internal or external audits by facilitating HMDA file documentation requests.
- Compiles and maintains reports that involve auditing and/or compliance functions.
- Proactively monitors regulatory changes and keeps lending staff apprised of updates.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of:
- HMDA reporting requirements.
- Data elements and requirements for all channels of lending.
- Mortgage Banking practices and procedures.
- Identifying resolving systemic and/or operational issues.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Provide cross-training and coaching related to assigned functional areas.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Read, comprehend and apply business-related information to tasks, as appropriate.
- Interpret and apply policies, as well as identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Organize, manage and track high volumes of loan data.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Serve as a role model and lead others to provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements: Associate’s Degree with a minimum of three (3) years of HMDA data integrity management experience with a mortgage or lending institution.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.
Licenses/Certifications: None required, but successful completion of internal training program(s) may be required for assigned functional area. For more information about Raymond James Bank, please visit:
http://www.raymondjamesbank.com/ Raymond James Bank is an EOE/AA and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Priority will be given to protected veterans
For more information, contact: Lindsay Silverman atLindsay.Silverman@RaymondJames.com
EOE/AA: F/M/D/V/LGBT About Raymond James Bank: Raymond James Bank, N.A. offers innovative and diversified banking products and services to the public and to clients of Raymond James Financial and partners with other institutions for commercial loan business. By doing so, Raymond James Bank enables its affiliates to go beyond traditional brokerage services by offering clients not only investment products, but also a comprehensive array of personal and commercial banking services. Raymond James Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE-RJF). Raymond James Financial is a Florida-based diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies. Raymond James Bank is a nationally chartered entity and federally-regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
JobBankingPrimary LocationUS-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint PetersburgOrganizationRJ BankScheduleFull-timeShiftDay JobTravelNo