Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Here is your chance to work with the team that makes each day special for our amazing Cast Members. Use your artistic skills as a Graphic Design Intern with the opportunity to work closely with project partners and clients with the Cast Activities Recognition and Experience team to design, develop, and maintain branding for internal recognition within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our recognition projects may include experiences and unique events that celebrate our Cast Members.
Work alongside other graphic designers to provide creative support for Creative Learning Services. Projects will include creation and maintenance of Cast-facing print and digital collateral such as visual branding, illustrations, marketing banners, presentations, posters, directional signage, event graphics, and other materials. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life… Design and revise graphics, posters, presentation templates, handouts, job-aids, fliers, communications and moreDevelop potential options and ideas for client needsDemonstrate your knowledge of composition and layout, color, typeface selection, and other fundamentals of designManage asset storage, cleanup, and file preparationLearn to manage projects and see them through concept to completionPartner with other departments to secure official image assets and approvals as necessaryEnsure that the Disney standards of quality and creativity and the Disney brand are reflected consistently in all materials
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Proficiency in software for graphic design, desktop publishing, and presentations, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office (emphasis on PowerPoint)
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in logo design, layout, presentation design, color, illustration, and typography
- Ability to adapt easily in a fast-paced team environment and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong project management, organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
- Knowledge of file formats and specifications in preparation for printing versus web
- Confidence in presenting ideas and interacting with partners of various backgrounds and levels
- Strong partnering skills and ability to influence
- Proactive listening skills and ability to ask thoughtful questions for clarity and discovery
- Ability to take direction/constructive feedback
- High self-initiative with the ability to work independently and with a team
Preferred QualificationsIllustration skills or the ability to revise existing illustrations while maintaining character integrityExperience with Apple KeynoteExperience with video editing using Adobe After Effects and/or Adobe PremierePhotography skills
Required Education Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.Currently pursuing or recently graduated within the past 6 months with a bachelor’s degree in in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or a closely related field.
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationThe approximate dates of this internship are January through June 2018Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship - typical work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, or weekends if needed for cast eventsAble to provide own housing and transportation to the Orlando, FL areaMust not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or programMust possess unrestricted work authorizationMust be at least 18 years of age Required Materials: Rsum (outlining all of your required qualifications)Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interestURL to portfolio website, preferably with examples in visual identity, illustration, and event collateral
This position is with Disney HR Strat & Srvces, an equal opportunity employer.