The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Performs MIG and TIG welding and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment with minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job.
- Fabricates product by cutting, burning, and welding various metals.
- Able to use cutting tools and prepare materials for welding.
- Constructs and repairs product by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Must perform specialty MIG/TIG welding.
- Use of brake press, shear, and other machinery necessary to prepare materials for welding.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece to prepare material for welding.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces
- Keeps work area orderly and clean.
- Follows all safety requirements.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Works overtime as required to meet production schedules.
- Interfaces with supervisor and co-workers on issues that concern and affect them.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervision.
The above listed functions and responsibilities cannot specifically detail all duties associated with the job. As the work place situation changes, duties and responsibilities will be added and changed as required.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to successfully complete company welding tests.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience using cutting tools and preparing materials for welding.
- Technical school certification in related field.
- Certified in operation of break and shear.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application. Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation’s legal duty to furnish information. Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.