Overview: Our mission at Elmcroft Senior Living is a dedication to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us by responding to their unique needs and universal desire for dignity and respect.Our values are grounded in respect, creativity, humility, accountability, compassion and kindness, integrity, and the passionate pursuit of excellence.If you believe in this mission and honor our values, please consider joining our team.
Elmcroft is looking for a LPN / LVN or RN
for our assisted living community.These positions provide nursing support as directed by theResident ServicesDirector to all nursing employees and Residents. Responsibilities: This position:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Administers and/or supervises the self-administration of medications.
- Verifies identity of Resident receiving medication, verifies that the correct medication is being given, and records time of administration on the MAR/MOR.
- Presents medication to Resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication.
- Obtains and records Residents vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration), weight, food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Observes Resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Counsels residents in identifying and resolving social or other problems.
- Schedules doctor’s appointments based on the needs of the resident
- Assures that all new medications are faxed to the pharmacy in order to get the prescription filled timely and accurately.
- Informs families when mail order medicines need to be reordered.
- Talk to physician’s offices and doctors as needed to take phone orders or change orders for a resident.
- Assures call lights are answered in a timely manner to attend to the residents needs as soon as possible after the call light is signaled (7 minutes maximum).
- Keep accurate counts of the narcotic sheet
- Attends all training and conferences as required to stay abreast of changes in the nursing profession as well as to maintain appropriate CEU’s for license, with prior approval of supervisor. Assures all training required by the state regulations is completed and documented each year.
- Assures all caregiver duties as performed as assigned and documented appropriately.
- Participates in the Care Planning process as assigned.
- Assists in the oversight of appropriate training for all nursing staff to assure requirements for state regulations are met, as assigned by supervisor.
- Addresses employee, family and resident concerns to promote satisfaction and good communication.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Other duties as assigned and which relate to the success ofElmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
Qualifications: Education: A minimum of a one year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; three to six months related experience or trainingLPN/LVN/RN license required.Management experience preferred.