Position Number 42158
Class Title Sr. Engineer for III-V source to Si-Photonics Integration
State Title: Coordinator, Research Programs/Services
An engineer with extensive experience in integrating III-V components to Si-Photonics chips. The candidate will be a program manager and setup integration facilities in BRIDG’s wafer fabrication facility, define the process flow and improve the fabrication practices such that final product will not only be functional but also reliable. The candidate also will train the engineering work force at BRIDG’s fabrication facility to improve the manufacturability of the integration scheme.
• Design the integration sequence.
• Define the individual process details.
• Improve the process robustness of each individual step.
• Collaborate with chosen University faculty members to develop improved process sequence for integration.
• Provide physical design and layout of integration.
• Select the appropriate tool set, ensuring the whole scheme is able to be manufactured.
• Collaborate with leading industry and academic institutions for developing more innovative designs.
• Develop & train a cross functional team between Imec-FL and BRIDG Engineering teams.
• Coordinate activities with Imec’s system designers and work towards meeting their specifications.
• Other job duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements
• Developing new Process Integration schemes.
• Semiconductor (III-V) Process and Technology Development.
• Success in multi-functional process and design teams.
• Understanding the challenges and opportunities facing multiple alternative technologies.
• Project management.
If you are selected as the final candidate for an employment opportunity here at UCF, both your position and salary will be significantly based upon the information that you have provided in your application for employment. We urge you to please take the time to complete the application in its entirety.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://eeo.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
Requisition Number 402772
Job Open Date 09/01/2017
Job Close Date
Open until filled Yes
Division Academic Affairs
College/Area Office of Research & Commercialization (Research)
Annual Salary Negotiable
Type of Appointment Regular
If Visiting A&P, please specify timeframe
Job Category A&P
Monday through Friday
8am to 5pm
Schedule may vary as required.
Work Location Osceola
Quick Link http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/50800