Oracle Elevator Company is the fastest growing independent elevator company in the country. We specialize in providing maintenance and modernization services for our clients located across the US. Due to our expanding business, we have an immediate need for an experienced Elevator Maintenance Technician to join our team.
Local candidates are preferred and relocation assistance will be offered for the right candidate. Oracle provides competitive pay and benefits including medical benefits, 401K, life insurance, short and long term disability coverages, and technician bonus plans.
Pay Rate: $25.00 -$45.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Perform complex maintenance, servicing, repair and troubleshooting of elevators and other related machinery and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates problems of an electric, mechanical and/or hydraulic nature related to the operation of elevators, dumbwaiters and wheelchair lifts, determines their problems and makes the necessary repairs.
- Conducts preventive maintenance and inspections of elevators, and related devices on a scheduled basis to ensure their effective and efficient operation and conformance to safety regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Performs annual tests to ensure the proper operation of safety devices.
- Assists in determining the suitability of present elevator equipment, proposed modifications and new equipment.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Education and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; AND/or
- Certified Elevator Technician degree or Elevator Mechanic License
- Knowledge and skill in the use of hand and electrical tools such as grinders, drill motors and coring machines.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical reading and testing equipment, hoisting and rigging equipment, chain tackles, etc.
- Work safely in close proximity to moving and working equipment. Must be available to work on an on-call basis in cases of emergency.
- Physical Requirements Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, climb ladders, and walk beams. Must be able to lift and carry tools and materials weighing in excess of 50 pounds and be able to raise and carry with assistance items weighing 200 pounds. Must be able to work from high ladders and scaffolding. Must be able to work safely in close proximity to moving and working equipment. Must be available to work on an on-call basis in cases of emergency.
- Work Environment May work in dusty and dirty places such as elevator shafts, and pits or other mechanical spaces where temperatures may exceed 100 and equipment may be oily and greasy.
Oracle Elevator Company is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer