Primoris Distribution Services is the leader in installation of Natural Gas Pipeline in Central Florida. We are currently hiring an experienced Gas Tech for the Orlando division
• Understand the concept and importance of pigging "out of service" mains
• Ability to read soil conditions such as trench lines for previous installed utilities
• Knowledgeable on how to trace out signals using locators and mark the utility properly
• Knowledgeable with proper purging via air or inert gas
• Ability to support and protect any existing utilities exposed during excavation
• Able to build (residential and commercial) meter sets properly
• Valid driver's license with the ability to be added to the companies insurance policy
• Demonstrates good communication skills both written and oral
• Knows how to GPS installed pipe for record keeping
• Can read, identify, validate or correct Sunshine 811 locates
• Understands isolation of service lines and service retirement
• Understands drop testing and customer relights
• Understands As-build drawings and info
• Can hang meter sets and paint finished product to specifications
• Has knowledge and understands how to read and recalibrate CGI instruments as needed
• Understands the use of a purge stack and what dangers to look out for while purging.
• Can perform leak tests e.g., Soap test, pressure test, CGI indicator etc.
• Can successfully complete proper pressure test on all pipes
• Properly demonstrate well points/headers and manage proper discharge of ground water
• Understands proper techniques in tapping service tee's
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here!
EEOC/ Drug Free Workplace