Riverside Technical Services, Inc. is seeking a talented Data Analyst experienced in analyzing and building complex databases.
Our client is developing large Railroad software applications. Track topology data is central to the correct operation of the systems. Data is provided by the railroad customers in raw formats from various sources which can include RDBMS dumps, documented email and phone conversations, design documents, etc.
Qualified individuals are self-motivated and must gain an understanding of the Track topology data and the relationships involved. Good customer interaction is important to learn who has key knowledge to resolve data discrepancies.
Work will involve inputting data using software tools that present visual representation of the data. Often there will be “holes” or mis-matches in the data which will necessitate that the analyst work with the team to extrapolate the data from other sources.
The toolsets utilized include the customer’s internal data management tool, spreadsheets, mapping software.
Good communication skills are needed to articulate data anomalies observed and understand the technical aspects of the data.
A person successful in this role will think systematically about the data and the relationships. Sometimes, it might not be what the data shows, but what it does not show that reveals most.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
· Analyze, interpret, and enter Railroad track data into the customer’s database using the customer’s data management tool
· Attend technical interchange meetings related to the tool and the data
· Report Progress to site manager
- 4 year degree (statistics, math, or related field) - preferred
- Experience with SQL (scripting, writing SQL queries)
- Programming background desired
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Familiar with relational database (Oracle)
- Must have keen eye for detail
- Should have good spatial visualization abilities
- Must have ability to think systematically about the data and interpret ambiguous data sources
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment