Internal ID: 1702803
Seeking an extremely motivated Java Developer for RJ Bank, a high growth area within Raymond James Financials. In addition to technical knowledge and tools, candidate must be a self-starter with the ability and desire to operate independently with minimal management supervision. As part of a development technology team, analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in the following areas: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, applications development, change management.
- Experience as Java developer in Financial Services industry
- Deep understanding of object oriented concepts, data structures, algorithms
- Experience in Java multi-threading and design patterns
- Experience with Spring Framework and relational databases (preferably Oracle)
- Experience with continuous build and delivery
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think out-of-the box
- Experience working with end users, ability to engage users and strong desire to drive business solutions
- Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle for agile & waterfall methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Corporate Banking business - Securities Based Lending and Loan Syndication business areas
- Financial Services experience
- Experience in design of restful services
- Report writing and dashboard creation (Cognos/Jasper)
- Ability to conduct data mapping exercise from various sources
- Experience in data modeling and design
COMPETENCIES•Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.•Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.•Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.•Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.•Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.•Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.#LI-JC1
JobTechnologyPrimary LocationUS-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint PetersburgOrganizationTechnologyScheduleFull-timeShiftDay JobTravelNo