The Software Test engineer’s primary focus will be to drive the development and delivery of optimized and scalable applications.
- quickly learn multiple software and infrastructure stacks
- collaborate with the software delivery team and Architects for understanding performance test planning requirement, scripting and execution
- serve a liaison between the testing, business, development, infrastructure and architecture teams so the ability to communicate and collaborate is a must and will report to Architect on day to day basis
- work within the agile/scrum development models
- expected to be a self-motivated individual while reporting status and risks in a timely fashion
- ensure to maintain documentation to support the performance testing lifecycle for any development project or testing effort
- highlight risks/issues and suggest appropriate remediation to the management team is such events occur.
• BSCS or related field
• 3+ years of related work experience with load and performance testing
• Programming or scripting language skills such as Ruby on Rail, Python, C/C++ and Java.
• Understand the JVM internals from performance point of view.
• Understand JMS and Message Queue Providers like HornetQ/ActiveMQ.
• Knowledge and experience in New Relic is preferred, AppDynamics/DynaTrace is desirable
• Expertise of correlation and parameterization to achieve user emulation is a must
• Expertise of XML/JSON/Restful APIs and C++/Java/JSP usage in scripts is a must
• Experience with HP Performance Center/LoadRunner performance test execution is a must
• Knowledge of performance testing lifecycle is a must
• Knowledge of client server applications and multi-tier applications is a must
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies is very important
• Self-Starter and skilled at multitasking are required