Internal ID: 1702748
Seeking an extremely motivated Java Developer for developing complex build/deploy/release systems aiding the productivity of a large community of developers and testers. This individual will be primarily responsible for building enterprise scale continuous integration and continuous delivery tool chains as well as translating business needs into working foundational components for automated build, test, and deployment processes. Being able to effectively identify opportunities for improvement, introducing and implementing those improvements, and marketing the benefits or those improvements will be key. Responsibilities Designs and develops features for build, test and deployment systems to create an integrated continuous integration/ continuous delivery pipeline. Performs maintenance and troubleshooting of continuous integration/ continuous delivery tool chains. Works to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build, test, and release systems. Works across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems. Automates build, test, and deployment processes components wherever feasible. Proactively communicates within and across agile teams. Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team process. Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations agile project life-cycle. Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts and implementation. Hands-on experience with complex build-and-deploy systems. Ability to excel within an “agile” environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, continuous integration, shared ownership, test-driven development, etc.).
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
- 5+ year experience as Java developer including experience building REST services
- Deep understanding of object oriented concepts, data structures, algorithms
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tool chains
- PL/SQL development experience
- Knowledge of the following:
- Domain Driven Design
- Agile ALM Systems such as TFS or Jira
- Object Relational Mapping Tools such as Hibernate
- Scripting Languages such as Groovy, shell, or PowerShell
- Source Control Systems such as Git
- Build scripting tools such as Maven, Grunt, Gulp, or Gradle
- Dependency Management Tools such as NPM, Maven, or Nuget
- Configuration Management Tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Automated Deployment Tools such as uDeploy, Octopus Deploy, or Open Source/Custom
- Artifact Repositories such as Nexus or Artifactory
- Unit Testing Tools such as Junit, Mstest, or Nunit
- IDE such as IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Functional Testing Tools such as Selenium or Soap UI
- Static Analysis Tools such as SonarQube, FindBugs, PMD, or Check Style
- Cloud Native / Containers technologies such as Docker, Spring Boot, Cloud Foundry, Open Shift, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos, AWS, Azure
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
JobTechnologyPrimary LocationUS-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint PetersburgOrganizationTechnologyScheduleFull-timeShiftDay JobTravelNo