The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Assist with multiple levels of purchasing within the corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in the areas of Strategic Purchasing, Global Sourcing, and Operational duties within the various Purchasing departments throughout the corporation.
2. Expedite purchase orders.
3. Send request for quotes.
a. Gather and compile necessary information in order to request quotes from suppliers.
b. Extract data from JDE/SAS and other divisions.
c. Download drawings.
4. Communicate with venders to confirm shipments.
5. Consult with sales individuals, accounting and finance, engineers, and warehouse personnel to ensure correct transfer of information.
6. Maintain vendor accounts (work into gaining own personal vendor accounts after becoming comfortable with J.D. Edwards systems).
7. Provide support to Buyers and Purchasing Agents in the procurement of goods and services from suppliers.
- Student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance, Operations Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or related field for entire duration of internship.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while working independently and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application. Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation’s legal duty to furnish information. Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.