Internal ID: 1702647
Job Summary: Under limited direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification in financial services Compliance, Operations or Regulatory Reporting to ensure compliance with all securities and/or banking rules and regulations. As a member of the FINOP Compliance Group, coordinates compliance functions, guides compliance efforts, and act as a liaison between Compliance and Raymond James & Associates Operations, Cash Management and Regulatory Reporting business units. Supports or leads projects with significant scope, impact and complexity. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature and that require originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Maintains extensive contact with internal customers to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex issues. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating to oversee compliance program for Raymond James and Associates Operations, Regulatory Reporting and Cash Management to ensure compliance processes and procedures are integrated and aligned with business processes.
- Providing support to other compliance officers on compliance matters of varying complexity, including research, documenting relevant aspects of regulations as they relate to issues, and drafting recommendations.
- Providing compliance advice and making rule-based and analytical decisions and recommendations to business areas.
- Advising Senior Compliance Management on issues that involve possible rule violations and potential liability.
- Support regulatory exams according to documented compliance procedures, including facilitation of document production, periodic status updates, interaction with regulators and examiners, meeting facilitation, and other logistical matters.
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries related to Operations, Regulatory Reporting or Cash Management.
- Under direction of Chief Compliance Officer for Operations, Finance & Technology, support special projects or initiatives related to strategic operation of the Compliance team and Compliance Framework.
- Execute periodic testing and reviews of business unit areas and processes as required under FINRA Rule 3120 for Operations, Regulatory Reporting and Cash Management, draft report detailing testing results, and facilitate sub-certification process with senior business leadership.
- Under minimal direction, support successful implementation of regulatory projects impacting business areas.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to senior management.
- Participate in business and regulatory projects as assigned, providing ongoing support and advice to assigned projects.
- Routinely interacts with Executive Leadership in business, Compliance and Legal on matters impacting business units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Advanced knowledge of:
- Concepts, practices and procedures of securities industry compliance reviews and testing.
- Cash management regulatory framework, including bank deposit sweep and money market mutual funds.
- Bank lending products and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Rules and regulations of the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC); Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA); Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB); New York Stock Exchange (NYSE);
- Broker-dealer operations and financial concepts, including core operations processes, FOCUS and customer reserve.
- Bank Holding Company compliance concepts and three lines of defense control structures.
- Compliance risk metrics, compliance risk self assessments and control concepts.
- Products and business lines associated with a diversified financial holding company. Skill in:
- Analytical ability, identifying potential areas of concern, connecting the dots.
- Overseeing compliance programs.
- Presentation, both oral and written.
- Coordinating complex compliance activities.
- Interpersonal, able to address sensitive issues with others.
- Identifying and implementing controls and quality assurance processes.
- Reviewing materials for compliance with rules and regulations.
- Researching compliance issues.
- Creativity, successfully finding solutions for ever-changing complex problems.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Organizational ability to prioritize effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring for others.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Coachable with the ability to gain in-depth understanding and ability to improve upon current systems.
- Work independently and in a team setting.
- Improvise and adapt as an issue develops.
- Think creatively, offer solutions and respectively challenge norms.
- Execute independent decisions while remaining calm in the face of escalated matters and knowing when to involve manager.
- Maintain currency in organizational and regulatory agency rules and regulations.
- Interpret and apply securities and/or banking regulations and identify and recommends policy and procedural changes as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
•Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a related discipline with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in compliance. Operations or regulatory reporting experience within the financial services industry highly preferred.
•Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources. Licenses/Certifications:
•Series 7 License required. Other appropriate series license(s) for assigned functional area or the ability to obtain within six (6) months to one (1) year of hire date. Series 27 preferred.
JobAuditing & CompliancePrimary LocationUnited StatesOrganizationRJF CorporateScheduleFull-timeShiftDay JobTravelYes, 10 % of the Time