Thepurpose of this position is to supervise the Flight Unit’s operations of thePinellas County Sheriff’s Office and provide professional level oversight regarding tactical and strategic leadership and management of the activities, operations, and personnel. The sergeant is responsible for establishing andmaintaining adequate flight crew members; ensuring initial and continuedqualification requirements; as well as developing, revising, and administeringpilot training programs. Applicants must be capable of and comfortableperforming in a team-oriented, safety focused, and highly demanding environmentrequiring strong organizational, technical, and communications skills.Job duties specific to this assignment include, but are not limited to:
* Operates rotor aircraft in support of criminal searches, search and rescues, surveillance, aerial photography, and daily agency operations.
* Provides support in the planning, coordination, and supervision of the activities of personnel engaged in the various functions of the Flight Unit.
* Instructs, assigns, and supervises the work of subordinate employees through observation and written reports.
* Communicate operational or administrative issues to the Division Lieutenant as they occur.
* Assist with budget preparation and make recommendations to enhance procedural and operational processesSalary negotiable based on experience
Step 1: This step is provided to the new member upon initial assignment to the unit. $2,600Step 2: This step is provided to the member with an FAA Commercial Pilot license. The member must be a unit authorized Command Pilot $3,900Step 3: This step is provided to the member who qualifies for step 1 and 2, and is also an FAA Certificated Flight Instructor. $5,200Must have three (3) or more years Certified Law Enforcement experience to receive the following:
* Signing bonus = $3,000
* Relocation Stipend to Pinellas County
- From out of state $3,000
- From Manatee, Hillsborough or Pasco Counties $500- From all other Florida locations $1,500* Two year prorated buyback
* Certification of completion of basic police officer training as required by the State of Florida
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* Consideration for this position requires a credit check
* Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
In addition to the minimum qualifications required to be a Sergeant, applicants must also meet the following qualifications. Visit our website at www.pcsoweb.com for a complete job description for Sergeant:
* Current Law Enforcement certification (if out ofstate, the ability to successfully complete the Equivalency of Training programwithin six (6) months of hire)
* 1000 flight hours in helicopters; 500 flighthours in turbine helicopter.
* FAA CFI and CFII Rotorcraft-Helicopter ratedpreferred
* Prior aviation management experience* The selected individual will be expected topresent proof of current class 2 FAA medical.
* Must present proper documentation showing pilotcertificates and flight experience.
* Ability to supervise flight operations in a lawenforcement setting.Please visit our website at www.pcsoweb.com for more information and an application to apply.
Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office has no nicotine/tobacco policy 6 months prior to application and throughout employment. EOE/ADA/DFWP/VP
Salary Range: 71,000.00-81,857.00 Relocation: Yes Travel: Limited Job Ident #: