Do you like helping others excel? Do you like interacting with customers and finding ways to make them happy? Do you like partnering with peers to get big results? Well…being a Merchandise Supervisor at JCPenney might be the position for you! Come be a part of our team.
The Merchandise Supervisor’s role is to supervise and engage a team of Merchandise and Sales Associates to deliver an amazing shopping experience that will delight our customer, creating loyalty that will have them coming back to the store for years to come! You will be expected to provide great customer service; sales floor leadership and staff supervision; scheduling to meet coverage, along with an ability to provide dynamic leadership, and consistent execution of the elements that drive sales.
• Customer Service – You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that come back into the store to find something new. You and the team do everything possible to put a smile on the customer’s face!
• Sales – You are constantly challenging yourself and your team to meet Sales and Profit goals.
• Coaching – You know how important it is to a) provide the team with ongoing feedback b) make yourself available to the team you support so they can grow.
• Merchandise Flow & Placement – You are well prepared to provide direction to supporting teams to ensure that merchandise flows to the floor efficiently. You and your team are constantly working to maintain stock levels and presentation standards for the customer.
• Merchandise SET – You walk the floor with your peers and other leaders in the store to plan and execute the upcoming design and set for new merchandise. You are well prepared to provide direction to both your team and supporting teams to ensure the customer is going to have an engaging shopping experience. You can follow company visual direction like a champ, but at the same time you know when a design or layout may not work in your particular store and you adjust on the fly. You’ve got high visual standards and you expect the same from the team!
Skill and Characteristics:
Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
Coaching - Coaches others and provides meaningful insights, candid feedback and clear direction to help the team grow, develop and perform; creates an environment of fairness by being approachable and honest
Job Title: Merchandise Supervisor - Loop West
Location: Kissimmee, FL, United States - Loop West 2001 W Osceola Pkwy
Job ID: 1048576
J.C. Penney Company Inc.
About this company
JCPenney is an American department store chain with 1,014 locations in 49 U.S. states and Puerto Rico.