Position Number 37669
Class Title Senior Multimedia Specialist
The Office of Instructional Resources (OIR) at the University of Central Florida is looking for a Senior Multimedia Specialist to act as an Academic Technology Innovator to manage and develop our Faculty Multimedia Center (FMC). The FMC provides faculty a dedicated space to digitize current course content or create new content for a variety of course delivery methods. It also provides training and guidance in the use of instructional technologies and promotes best practices in their implementation.
The successful candidate will need to possess extensive knowledge in audio, video, computer, presentation, and educational technologies. They must be able to work collaboratively with faculty to help them discern what technologies will work best considering the desired outcomes of the professor. This position will continue to assess and develop the resources and offerings in the FMC as technologies change to best fit faculty needs.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Training and assisting faculty with current multimedia technologies
- Maintaining, managing, and specifying multimedia equipment used in course content creation.
- Attending planning meetings and delegating duties to the OIR team accordingly
- Develop partnerships with outside organizations
- Manage all aspects of classroom lecture capture including managing all staff responsible for lecture capture support
- Work with faculty on best practices in the use of lecture capture and other multimedia technologies
Bachelor’s degree and two years of information technology experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements
Master’s degree in appropriate field of study and 10 years of faculty support experience at a college or university.
Mac & PC computer skills. Ability to work effectively with faculty.
Ability to discern color and hear audio for audio and video editing support
Effective oral and written communication skills
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Requisition Number 402607
Job Open Date 05/05/2017
Job Close Date
Open until filled Yes
Division Academic Affairs
College/Area Information Technologies and Resources (ITR)
Department ITR - Instructional Resources
Annual Salary $54,061 to Negotiable
Type of Appointment Regular
If Visiting A&P, please specify timeframe
Job Category A&P
8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday
Work Location Orlando (Main)
Quick Link http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/49586